Bradford/Rocky Presses Images
Bradford/Rocky Presses Instructions
- Sit on a Military Press Bench with a bar at shoulder level with a pronated grip (palms facing forward). Tip: Your grip should be wider than shoulder width and it should create a 90-degree angle between the forearm and the upper arm as the barbell goes down. This is your starting position.
- Once you pick up the barbell with the correct grip, lift the bar up over your head by locking your arms.
- Now lower the bar down to the back of the head slowly as you inhale.
- Lift the bar back up to the starting position as you exhale.
- Lower the bar down to the starting position slowly as you inhale. This is one repetition.
- Alternate in this manner until you complete the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: For more stress on the shoulders, only lift the bar until it is slightly above the head and then lower to the opposite side. In this manner you keep more constant tension on the shoulders while minimizing triceps involvement.