Beets are one of nature's super foods; they're rich in fiber, antioxidants and folic acids. Try some fresh beets in your pancakes for some fun flavor and color!
- ½ cup beets, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup oat bran
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased griddle or pan over medium heat until bubbles form on the surface, then turn over and cook until dark golden brown.
- Serve with sugar-free syrup.