Poaching eggs is easier than you think and a great way to cook eggs without adding fat. Using cauliflower for the hash instead of potatoes keeps the carbs down for this quick and easy low-carb breakfast. Served over a bed of vitamin-rich kale, this delicious hash takes minutes to prepare and gives you the protein and nutrients you need to start your day.
- ½ medium (2-1/2" dia) onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped (1/2" pieces) cauliflower
- 1 cup kale, diced
- 2 egg
- Sweat the onion gently in a pan on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook another 2 minutes, then add the kale and continue cooking until kale brightens and softens, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a slow boil. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Crack the eggs gently into the water to poach, cooking for 2 minutes. Make sure the water does not boil too hard.
- Use a slotted spoon to retrieve the eggs and serve over the cauliflower and kale hash.