These chocolatey energy bites are a great way to use up leftover cooked quinoa and they come together easily with only a few healthy superfood staples. Between the almond butter, dark chocolate, honey, and quick oats, you might already have everything you need for these quick on-the-go treats. Throw a couple in with your lunch for an afternoon energy boost, or bring them with you to the gym for a pre- or post-workout snack.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, chilled
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- 1 scoop Signature Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, roll 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture into balls 1-1/2 inches in diameter and place on lined baking sheet.
- Place energy bites in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Thaw for 10 minutes before eating.
- Note: You can use the Signature brand chocolate or oatmeal cookie protein powder.