This quick and easy roasted tomato marinara sauce gives you the confidence of knowing exactly what you're putting in your body. From fats and carbs to sodium and added sugars, this recipe gives you 100 percent control over your diet.
- 1 cup leaves, whole fresh basil
- 12 whole plum tomato, finely chopped
- 8 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Place cut tomatoes in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add smashed garlic cloves. Toss to coat.