If you're in the mood for something spicy yet packed with protein, check out this healthy variation on a firehouse classic!
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup, chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp, ground oregano
- 15 oz low-sodium black beans
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14.5 oz low-sodium beef broth
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper
- In a pan, cook the buffalo, green pepper, onions, garlic for 5-6 minutes, or until just before meat is completely browned.
- Transfer everything in a big casserole dish.
- Add chili powder, turmeric, oregano, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir for 20 minutes until chili reaches wanted thickness.