Not only do beets make every dish gorgeous, they have a unique, earthy flavor that makes any side dish delicious. Additionally, beets are high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. This recipe is beautiful and scrumptious. Show it off at a dinner party, or just make it as a weekend afternoon treat for yourself.
- 3 beet (2" dia) beets
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 leaf fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir with a fork.
- Cut the beets into thin slices and spread out in a flat container.
- Pour the marinade over the beets and let sit for at least one hour.
- Take the marinated beets and place in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap them. Place the wrapped beets on a grill or in an oven set to 425 degrees F. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the foil and place directly on the grill (or in grilling pan) and let cook for an additional 2 minutes, turning them over to grill both sides. Brush any leftover marinade on the beet slices as they cook.
- Remove from grill, plate, and top with goat cheese and additional chopped basil, if desired. Serve warm or cold!