Looking for a healthy breakfast treat as delicious as banana bread but as easy to make as waffles? Check out this delicious peanut butter banana recipe for a high-protein twist on a breakfast favorite!
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 scoop Signature Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 bar Signature Protein Crunch Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) banana, sliced
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat.
- Whisk together flour, protein powder, PB2, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mash banana until smooth. Add egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix together until combined.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour batter evenly into waffle iron and close. Cook for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with sliced bananas or sugar-free maple syrup and enjoy!