Mixing protein powder into oatmeal is a tried-and-true move for most lifters, but not like this. Instead of a sludgy mix of powder and oats, this recipe calls for dairy-free almond milk, a dash of vanilla, and a variety of suggested additions to add richness and flavor—and, of course, protein—to your morning bowl of oats.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop signature Birthday Cake Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp truvia
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp butter extract
- 1 dash table salt
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp cake sprinkles
- Cook oats with almond milk in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats are cooked through. If some liquid remains, cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in protein powder, extracts, salt, cashew butter (optional), and sprinkles (optional).
- Serve with your favorite toppings: chopped Signature Birthday Cake Protein Crunch Bar, light whipped topping, fruit, white chocolate chips—your choice!