You already know you can repurpose old bananas to make banana bread, but chances are your current recipe is high in sugar and loaded with extra calories. Try this inventive take on a baked favorite that uses creamy peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and Signature Oatmeal Cookie whey protein to give you tons of flavor without a lot of added calories. Spelt flour provides extra vitamins, fiber, and minerals, while Stevia keeps the carb-to-protein ratio in check and makes this tasty bread healthy enough to serve for breakfast.
- 1 scoop Signature Oatmeal Cookie Whey Protein Powder
- 6 tbsp spelt flour
- ¼ cup baking Stevia
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup, mashed banana
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ tsp table salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed banana and remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix or bread will be tough.
- Lightly coat a bread pan or muffin tin with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Enjoy immediately or slice up and freeze for up to one month. To serve, simply microwave a slice to thaw.