No longer just the weird marshmallow-topped mush at Thanksgiving dinner, sweet potatoes are taking the world by storm. Not only do they hold their own against noodles, french fries, and hash browns, but now they're now also being used as toast. Sweet potatoes provide generous amounts of vitamins, potassium, and fiber, while being conveniently gluten-free. Add some creamy avocado and a delicious fried egg, and you've got a breakfast that will make you look forward to Monday mornings!
- 1 whole sweet potato, sliced
- 2 whole egg
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice sweet potato into four slices, lengthwise.
- Poke slices with a fork and microwave for two minutes, flipping halfway through until soft, yet slightly firm.
- Toast in toaster oven until tender when pierced.
- Over medium heat, melt coconut oil and fry eggs until edges start to brown. Place half a fried egg on top of each slice of sweet potato.
- Layer avocado slices on top of egg.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives, salt, and cracked pepper to taste.