Did you know watermelons are made of about 97 percent water? But in addition to providing hydration and delicious flavor, they also have significant amounts of vitamins, antioxidants, and workout-boosting amino acids like citrulline. Add salty prosciutto bits, creamy goat cheese, tangy balsamic, and sharp taste of arugula, and you have a marriage of fresh, summer flavors with seriously good nutrition.
- 2 cup arugula, raw
- 2 cup, diced watermelon
- 4 slice prosciutto
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the arugula, watermelon, and prosciutto in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a pan and cook on medium-low heat until thickened.
- Drizzle the vinegar over the salad, followed by the olive oil. Sprinkle on goat cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve cold!